This LED bulb screws into your lamp socket and charges. You can use it for up to SIX hours of emergency light after it’s unscrewed.
THE PROBLEM WITH flashlights is that they’re so easy to lose. If you’re anything like me, you have one stashed away somewhere, but you’re just not exactly sure where that is. Maybe it’s in the basement, or maybe it’s stuffed into a drawer. Who knows. And even if you are able to find it, there’s no assurance that it actually has working batteries. Moral of this story? When the lights go out, we’re pretty much screwed.Not only is the battery rechargeable, but its dock is as obvious as it gets: your lamp. “I experienced a blackout and the battery in my torch had gone flat, and I had nothing else to light up my house that night,” says Leon Fang, manager of WQF and designer of the bulb. “So that was when the idea struck me to create an emergency light source using something we use everyday.”
Leon built a tiny rechargeable Lithium-ion battery into the extended base of a 7 watt LED bulb, which allows it to charge whenever it’s screwed into a standard socket. Then when you need to use the bulb as a flashlight, you simply extend its plastic neck into a handle and switch it on for up to six hours of emergency light. “The bulb had to be long-life and light as possible and give out as little heat as possible so we can carry it as a normal flashlight,” Leon explains. “Even though the design was quite simple in theory, the technical processes were really difficult.”
Though the base of the LED bulb can be produced to fit the socket of various countries, Leon says this light has a current regulator that allows it to be used with AC currents that can range from 100-240 volts. “Essentially, the same bulb can operate with 110 volt household current in the United States and with 220-volt current in China, Europe and other markets,” he explains.
Here’s more information for us to know about the bulb:
- E27, AC100-240V input voltage with synchronous charging.
- Emergency lighting function,automatically convert to powered by battery when no electricity
- lit up by mounting a starter with a hook, Portable &suitable for a variety of places.
- Imported Epistar SMD2835 LED chip, 6000 K, super bright, soft light beam, no glare.
- Built-in 3.7V/2600mAh Lithium battery, last working for 6hours.
- Equipped with a USB Micro DC inlet for lamp charging.
- 1.8W 6V polycrystalline silicon solar panel
- USB interface, 5V, 0.5A output, you can connect it to a cellphone for charging.
- Intelligent power supply inside, overvoltage & overcurrent IC protection to ensure safety.
- ABS+PC housing, compact & sturdy, stylish and elegant appearance.
- Private mold, patented appearance design.(Patent Number:201630244582.8)
Home &Office Lighting: bedroom, dormitory, study room, office, school, etc.
Emergency Lighting: battery-powered when no electricity.
Portable Lighting: camping, fishing, hiking, picnic, barbecue, booths &stalls in night market, etc.
Solar-powered Lighting: charging with a solar panel is optional, photovoltaic new green energy, eco-friendly.